Jacob (Chezki) Finkelstein
Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor, MTL, MSCC, LPCReach out
Because you have it in you.
Why Jacob (Chezki) Finkelstein chose to be in the helping profession
Known as Jacob by some and as Chezki by others, I am a Licensed Professional Counselor working out of Southfield Michigan, in the heart of the Orthodox community, with over 15 years experience helping hundreds of youth, families and adults through relationship, mental health and “life” issues.
A Masters in Talmudic Law from Ner Israel of Baltimore, MD preceded my MS in Clinical Counseling from Bellevue University of Nebraska. I have provided psychotherapy and counseling in Jewish schools, mental health treatment centers, elderly day-treatment centers and in group and private practice settings.
Currently, I own a private practice called Sensible Counseling, providing a practical, empathic and down-to-earth approach to dealing with life challenges and mental health issues such as Anxiety, Depression, ADHD, Behavior, Parenting, and Relationships for individuals, couples and families ranging from 4 to 104 years old.
I also am privileged to spend part of my day in the Mesivta of West Bloomfield, a yeshiva high school on the outskirts of Detroit, providing mentoring and counseling services to the students through Torah learning and therapy.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Expressive Arts Therapy
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Life Coaching
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Motivational Interviewing
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Person-Centered Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Somatic Therapy
People I work withToddlers (0-5) Children (6-12) Adolescents (13-18) Adults Individuals Couples Families
Personal religious affiliationsOrthodox
Jewish community experienceExtensive
15700 W 10 Mile Rd, Southfield, Michigan
5 years in practice
- Licensed Professional Counselor, LPC by Michigan 2017. License number 6401013658
- MS in Clinical Counseling by Bellevue University 2013
- Certified Recovery Coach by CCAR 2015
- Trauma and Crisis Intervention by Chai Lifeline 2017
- Social Anxiety Interventions by CMI Education Institute 2012