Therapist, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, LMFTReach out
Reach out to Bassy Schwartz
You are the one you've been waiting for -Richard Schwartz
Bassy Schwartz's style🎯 Direct 💙 Warm 😃 Humorous 🌎 Holistic
Why Bassy Schwartz chose to be in the helping profession
The therapy field felt like a natural fit for me. I've always been someone who values critical thinking and enjoys connecting with others on a personal level. My journey into this field began when I embarked on a personal therapeutic journey to address the significant wounds from my childhood. This experience deepened my connection to the field of therapy and psychology, sparking a profound desire to further my knowledge and strengthen my ability to make a positive impact on the pain and suffering that exists in the world.
Bassy Schwartz's approach
My therapeutic approach is rooted in several key principles:
1. Evidence-Based Practice: I base my therapy on well-established, scientifically proven methods and techniques. This ensures that the strategies we employ have a track record of success in helping people.
2. Attachment-Based: Recognizing the significance of human connections, I emphasize the importance of attachment in therapy. Building a secure and trusting therapeutic relationship is a central focus.
3. Meeting the Client Where They Are At: I believe in tailoring therapy to the individual. Each person's journey is unique, and I adapt my approach to meet clients at their current point in life, understanding their specific needs and goals.
4. Slow and Steady Wins the Race: I embrace the idea that personal growth and healing can be a gradual process. We work at a pace comfortable for you, ensuring lasting and sustainable progress.
5. Genuine Connection: Establishing a sincere and authentic connection with my clients is paramount. It creates a safe space where you can be yourself and explore your thoughts and emotions without judgment.
6. Experiential: I encourage active engagement in therapy. Through various exercises and activities, we explore emotions, behaviors, and thought patterns to gain deeper insights and promote personal growth.
7. Emotionally Focused: Emotions are a crucial aspect of our lives, and I place a strong emphasis on understanding and working through emotions to facilitate healing and positive change.
8. Comic Relief: Therapy doesn't always have to be serious. I appreciate the value of humor as a tool to relieve tension and bring lightness to our sessions when appropriate. Laughter can be therapeutic too.
By weaving these principles together, I strive to create a therapeutic experience that is tailored to your unique needs, promotes personal growth, and fosters a genuine connection between us.
What you can expect from sessions with Bassy Schwartz
In our sessions, you can expect an atmosphere that balances professionalism with a personal touch, creating a comfortable and genuine connection between us. It's a space where you can be yourself without judgment, fostering a sense of safety and trust while encouraging you to embrace challenges for personal growth. We will engage in deep and meaningful work, addressing your concerns and working toward impactful, lasting results. Throughout our sessions, I will approach your experiences with an open mind, avoid labels or judgment, and ensure that your thoughts and emotions are respected and valued in our therapeutic journey.
Bassy Schwartz's experience working with the Jewish community
My experience within the Jewish community has been deeply rewarding, encompassing various facets of community involvement. I have actively participated in initiatives related to infertility, including raising awareness, developing programming, and collaborating with the PUAH Cares Team for case management. Additionally, I've been engaged in advocating for Agunot, promoting awareness, creating programming, and offering professional support through organizations like ORA. Beyond these specific areas, I've taken an active role in serving on synagogue boards.
Our vibrant Jewish community possesses remarkable qualities, yet it also presents opportunities for growth in handling common challenges. I find great fulfillment in contributing to our community by creating spaces for critical analysis, expansion of services, and transformation of approaches to better address these issues. It is my hope that by working together, we can enhance the support and resources available to our community members and foster positive change within our close-knit Jewish community.
Bassy Schwartz's Book Recommendation Zone
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Inner child work
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Premarital Counseling
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Trauma Focused Therapy
People I work withAdults Individuals Couples Families
Personal religious affiliationsOrthodox
Jewish community experienceExtensive
Licensed to work inNew York
West Hempstead, New York
-2 years in practice
- LMFT by New York State 2023. License number 002149
- MAMFT by North Central University 2021
- EFT Externship by ICEEFT 2021