Anna Fineberg's style🧘 Calm 💭 Open minded 💙 Warm 👂 Listener
Why Anna Fineberg chose to be in the helping profession
I'm a licensed psychologist and certified perinatal mental health professional specializing in anxiety, trauma/PTSD, and pregnancy/postpartum adjustment. My clients often seek therapy at moments of life transition when they don't feel like themselves, can't control their anxiety, find that current/past trauma is keeping them stuck, or struggle with "feeling too much" (e.g., "highly sensitive people").
A key component of effective therapy is finding a therapist with whom you feel comfortable and have a sense of "fit." I may be a good fit for you if you're: coming to therapy for anxiety, trauma/PTSD anxiety, medical professionals’ mental health, or pregnancy/postpartum mental health; looking for a therapist who is warm, empathic, collaborative, and practical; interested in active, evidence-based practices like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), which help you learn strategies to take outside of therapy and into your life.
I believe that good therapy helps us feel more connected to ourselves and others, and more engaged and present in our lives. I seek to understand your current difficulties in the context of your personal history and experiences. I help clients process current and past experiences and learn new ways to cope, including mindfulness and self-compassion. I often use humor and metaphor to help clients gain awareness of patterns of thinking and behavior that might be contributing to their distress. I also have specialized training in trauma-focused therapies, including Prolonged Exposure (PE) and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT).
I believe that therapy is a place to feel seen, heard, and supported; to get new perspective and learn new skills; and to learn to like yourself better and to trust yourself more.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Compassion Focused
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Trauma Focused Therapy
- Bereavement & Grief
- Family Dynamics
- Mood Disorders
- Prenatal, perinatal, & postpartum mental health
- Sexual Abuse
- Transitions & Change
6 years in practice
Licensed to work in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington, DC, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- Psychologist by PA 2018. License number PS018419
- Psychologist by RI 2021. License number PS01972
- Telehealth Psychologist by FL 2020. License number TPPY35
- Psychologist by NJ 2022. License number 35SI00681200
- Psychologist by NY 2023. License number 025565
- B.A. in Psychology by Columbia University 2010
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology by Temple University 2013
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology by Temple University 2016
- Perinatal Mental Health Certification by Postpartum Support International 2021
- Authority to Practice Interjurisdictional Telepsyc by PSYPACT Commission 2020
- University of Pennsylvania by Psychotherapy Supervisor, Psychiatry Residency Program 2018
Average costs per session
- Free consultation
- Credit Card