fbpx
skip to Main Content

This topic contains 49 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile Photo CTab 5 months ago.

• Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Participant
    anonymous
    Topic Author

In response to CTab's post #4821:

Thanks for your input.

I actually have a real hard time again, since after Yom Tov he’s refusing to eat any chicken,meat,fish etc. even what he was fine with , and no-more “ketchup” . He opts for yogurt(likes the greek w/m&m), cheesy bread etc. It does bother me a bit, but I try not to fuss about it. I do hope he will get back to eating more nutritious soon.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    RomanticYente

i am no expert but from my experience, my parents kept a very healthy home and allowed us to eat whatever we wanted whenever we wanted but it was always on the healthier side. There was always an occasional treat and when i would go to friends houses there would be things that i didnt normally have but it has helped me develop good eating habits. I think you just have to do your best to provide healthy good options and let whatever happen outside of the house to happen but again, i really am no expert

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Mitchell

In response to anonymous's post #4829:

Hi anonymous,

I’m sorry that the problem’s come up again, but I think you’re doing the right thing to try to let it play out on its own and not fuss about it. To join the chorus of former picky eaters on this forum, I too used to have a very limited pallet growing up (I used to avoid meat and fish too when I was little), but my parents never pushed it, and now those are some of my favorite foods.  I have a friend who loves vegetables, but hates broccoli. When I asked him more about it, it turns out that was the one food his parents used to force him to eat when he was little, and it stuck with him. I did some research into this, and, apparently in a study done a few years ago, it showed that 72% of college aged kids no longer ate a food they were forced to eat as a child (here’s the link: https://www.maryannjacobsen.com/2012/07/what-forcing-kids-to-eat-looks-like-20-years-later/). So while it definitely can be discouraging to take a step back, I think you’re doing a great job managing it, especially since your child is so young, and as long as you stay the course and encourage healthier eating without forcing it, I’m sure it will work out.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    anonymous
    Topic Author

In response to Mitchell's post #5025:

Thanks I so appreciate your post.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    CTab

In response to anonymous's post #4829:

I’m so sorry to hear that. Has your child lost any weight?

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!