fbpx
skip to Main Content

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile Photo RomanticYente 4 months ago.

• Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Admin
    Verified Pro
    Fay Brezel

Like the rest of us, my heart goes out to the victims, their families, and our communities. I also know that learning about the devastating tragedy speaks to all of us in different ways. I wanted to open up this thread to talk about how we all deal with learning about this attack and trauma. Does it help you find greater meaning? Does it cause anger? Fear? Depression? Guilt- for still having your petty concerns? Survivors guilt? Does it bring up earlier trauma? What do you tell your children if they’re old enough to ask?

Open to hearing all thoughts, feelings, and tips on balancing pain, strength and courage.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    RomanticYente

I think for me, the biggest thing this brings up is why would gd do something like this. Is gd good? I don’t like the feeling of having lack of faith but it’s hard when something like this happens. I’m angry but also scared. I’m more scared than anything else. Sacred to go to shul, scared to be a Jew on the street. And then upset that I’m scared to be a Jew. Too many emotions that its taking over me.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Verified Pro
    Maximillian H Hollander

Thank you for opening up this forum for discussion about this subject. I have been so torn about what happened, but it’s forums like these that give me hope for the future, because they show that we can come together – which is truly the only way we can fight terror like this. Coming together and strengthening one another.

With that said, I do hope that people don’t take that to its most violent end, as some people are calling for. Security measures must be taken, but we must remain calm and collected. We cannot let anger get the better of us.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    CTab

We cannot let anger get the better of us.

Every tragedy is a chance to come together as a community and heal. If feel like it’s the only silver lining in all this: that out of such a loss we can still find and renew our faith in each other

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Mitchell

I agree with what everyone’s said here. The attack was shocking, scary and deeply upsetting and I’m still having some trouble processing that such a thing can happen at this point in time. That being said, as others have pointed one positive has to be the way that the community has come together. Whether in forums like this, synagogues throughout the country, or the many many Jewish groups making trips to Pittsburgh as we speak, at the very least, it’s driven us closer together.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    RomanticYente

I agree about coming together. I attended a vigil last night at my school and I was SHOCKED by how many people were there. There were people of all faiths and orientations. In such a scary time, it’s nice to know that there are people who support us and support our religion and want the best for us. This was exactly what I needed since my anxiety has increased immensely from all of this.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Verified Pro
    Dr. Joanne Royer

In response to RomanticYente's post #5224:

I was lifted up in attending temple services this past Sunday night. There was security there, the rooms were overflowing. The Leaders from our community religious affiliations were there – Muslim, Quaker, various Christian faith leaders, et al as well as community and city activists …..its a reminder that there is a majority of love, of compassion, of support that walks our earth for all mankind.  I wrote something that speaks to the ultimate power that is our responsibility toward ourselves first and for most, what we do have the power of and that is far reaching.

That hating hate does not equal love. It only equals hate.  My heart goes out to all of you and your loved ones.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    RomanticYente

In response to Dr. Joanne Royer's post #5229:

wow that was such a great piece. thank you for that. and thank you for those words.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Verified Pro
    Yehuda (Hudi) Kowalsky

Thank you for opening up this discussing Fay & all those who contributed.

In the face of such baseless violence I find deep solace in small sincere acts of love and goodwill. The heartwarming accounts of first responders and volunteers who rushed selflessly to Pittsburgh to help out in whatever way & the unity throughout the communities and different faiths.

Its these things that give me hope & way to continue believing in the ultimate goodness of people and humanity

May we only share in good news!

Profile Photo
    Participant
    RomanticYente

As I am now home for shabbos for the first time since the shooting, a part of me is nervous to go to my shul. is anyone else still feeling this way?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!