fbpx
skip to Main Content

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile Photo Fay Brezel Verified Pro 6 months ago.

• Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Participant
    Notgivingin

I am 20 years old and struggling with anxiety, depression and addiction. This past year I was in seminary and given the resources to get help- I was in therapy and seeing a psychiatrist that my seminary helped my pay for. I am going back to America now and was wondering if anyone knows any orginazations that help out with the money aspect of treatment? My parents don’t know and it I am unable to pay for it alone… Any ideas???

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Chavy

Hi!

That sounds really hard and I can definitely relate to the money aspect of therapy. I have heard that Bikur Cholim helps with this, but I don’t know details.  I don’t know if you’re looking into someone with a private practice (which is mighty expensive), but there are clinics that accept insurance. They are staffed with amazing and experienced professionals. In particular, OHEL, a wonderful and well-known mental health clinic in Flatbush accepts insurance. I hope you get the help you need!

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Banana

Hi @imnotgivingin !

First of all, I really like the username you chose 🙂

Second, pat yourself on the back for a job very well done – realizing you are human and are having struggles, working with someone in seminary on it, realizing it’s helping, and reaching out to see how you can continue in america. Each of those are a MAJOR step many people multiple times your age can’t do! So be very proud of yourself!

Third, as @chavy wisely mentioned, there are many great clinics in Brooklyn (I’m not sure where in America you’re returning to). She mtnioned OHEL. I also heard of Pesach Tikvah being a great clinic as well.

Fourth, if you would like private therapy (as there are many benefits to that), there’s an organization called Keren Ezer L’Nefesh that helps pay for private therapy. I believe they give $75 per session for 5 sessions and then you can get approved for another 5 again. They are based in Lakewood NJ but help those outside of Lakewood as well I believe. Here’s their info:

Keren Ezer L’Nefesh

‭+1 (732) 730-7538‬

info@thekeren.org

Even if for some reason they cannot help, perhaps they can guide you to another organization that can as I’m sure there are many that cover therapy. Mi KAmcha Yisroel 🙂

Lastly, perhaps the person that helped you in seminary can offer some guidance in this area. Perhaps the person that sponsored the therapy in seminary would be willing to help out in America as well.

Much hatzlacha and never give in!!

Profile Photo
    Participant
    OnAndonAnon

I’m jealous of you that you have the courage to address these issues at such a young age!

My guess is that you don’t feel all that lucky, but trust me – you’re doing yourself and all your loved ones (present and future) a big favor and giving yourself and then the greatest gift!

Have you ever considered talking to your parents?

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Banana

I’m jealous of you that you have the courage to address these issues at such a young age! My guess is that you don’t feel all that lucky, but trust me – you’re doing yourself and all your loved ones (present and future) a big favor and giving yourself and then the greatest gift! Have you ever considered talking to your parents?

+100!! Beautifully written and couldn’t agree more. Lucky you to be able to deal with this at such a young age.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    OnAndonAnon

Thanks banana!

I hope @imnotgivingin can appreciate it.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Banana

I hope so too, @onandonanon. Seems like they maybe aren’t getting notification of our replies. I’ll direct message him/her.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    OnAndonAnon

That’s nice of you. I’d like to hear more from them!

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Banana

@notgivingin is getting the notifications bH. Just didn’t get a chance to respond yet. Looking forward  to hearing from here whenever she has a chance.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Banana

@notgivingin is getting the notification emails bH. Just didn’t have a chance to respond yet. Looking forward to hearing from her whenever she has a chance.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Chany

ditto, sometimes our apparent worse symptoms and struggles are the greatest gift because they allow us to work through ourselves and enjoy and healthier satisfying experience of life.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    OnAndonAnon

So true! Whatever I’ve been through, I wouldn’t change a thing. Well, maybe a few :).

But in all seriousness, the things I went through challenged me to enter my ‘basement’. And that challenged me to show up or to pack up. I’m so glad that I showed up and continue to try to do so!

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Chany

ditto!

Profile Photo
    Participant
    OnAndonAnon

Where’s the like button :)?

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Chany

ha! idk but we need one!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!