fbpx
skip to Main Content

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile Photo Chavy 3 days ago.

• Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Participant
    Chavy

I often feel empty and I’m not sure what to do about it or with it. Sometimes I try a DBT skill and it helps and sometimes I still feel it. I’m feeling it a lot now, like the entire night (which is why I’m on this forum more;). I went from 1 task/activity to the next but nothing really helped me long term. Does anyone else have experience with this kind of feeling?

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Verified Pro
    RENEE Traube

Loneliness often leads to emptiness- both are really hard feelings to hold. DBT is a great place to start to try- which is all we can do- to feel better. Finding an activity that is especially pleasant for you is one suggestion- try something that doesnt require much focus and just try to throw yourself in  and just ENJOY!

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Chavy
    Topic Author

In response to RENEE Traube's post #6585:

thank you. It is a good idea to do something that doesn’t require much attention, though that’s hard to figure out bc I do things All The Way… but it’s a good tip.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Verified Pro
    RENEE Traube

Paying attention on purpose to a specific activity is called mindfulness. Mindfulness can help you get the most out of things that you do as you throw yourself in and let yourself feel things you might have otherwise missed. Try taking a shower for instance and just let yourself feel with all of your senses… smell the soap/watch the bubbles/feel the water. See how paying attention on purpose helps you notice thoughts but at the same time allows them to float by while you use your senses in a specific way. When thoughts come in, you can notice and then pull yourself back to the activity. Try this and let me know.

Profile Photo
    Participant
    Chavy
    Topic Author

In response to RENEE Traube's post #6601:

Yes, I am familiar with Mindfulness. I do find that it helps me a lot. Thank you so much for your detailed description. It calmed me and reinforced it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!